RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:01:14 +0100
Hi Lynton,

You asked for comments so here are mine:

> I propose that the welcome message includes words to the effect that the
> list basically supports a balanced diet and thus excludes extremes such as
> fruitarianism, breatharianism, etc.

Fruitarianism may seem extreme to you (I only gave it up after three
years because it was too expensive in the long run for me in
Germany to live on quality fruit) but it is neither extreme nor
even rejected by many). Just because the majority of people in this list
at this time reject fruitarianism (and they are hardly a representative
cross-section of the world population) does not mean that fruitarianism
can not succeed and is not the best approach, merely that the majority
of people in this list are from a country which has a bad track record
for providing its people with quality food.

> That 100% raw is probably a bit extreme in the experience of many on the list.

As it is not the experience of all in this list, please refrain from
trying to act as spokesman/woman for the list as a whole. 100% raw
certainly is difficult for some for any number of reasons, but is
neither impossible if it is planned properly and nor is it in any
way detrimental as against cooked if it is studied properly.

> Something about the pros and cons of eating raw.

I have often spoken about the cons..such as enzyme inhibitors in
raw grains, seeds and beans, as well as a few other toxic substances
in those veggies that most commonly grow in their gardens and such
as the disadvantages of milk (or even why I personally don't
eat meat) only to be met with derision rather than any serious
counterarguments.

> That extreme views could be offered from time to time, and to take these in
> comparison with a more moderate viewpoint.

Extreme..as with beauty..is in the eye of the beholder (reader).

> Anyone interested in furthering this idea?

Nope...because you are attempting to tailor this list to YOUR
way of thinking.

Alan