RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:01:15 +0100
Hi David,

You wrote among other things to Rex,

> Look in a mirror sometime, Rex. A pattern has certainly manifested here
> in your interactions with others. You have been very quick to take your
> own pokes and display apparent sarcasm, but when someone presents
> any hint of criticism to your points of view, you take it as a personal
> affront and start behaving rather childishly. You accuse others of not
> taking your 'quality' issues into account, but apparently refuse to
> be held accountable for your remarks when others raise issues with
> your stance. This lack of accountability is another pattern that has
> been prevalent in your conversations with others, while at the same
> demand that we "struggle toward higher quality".

Having followed Rex's posts myself, I do not agree with these
accusations at all. I have found his posts to be fairly honest and
straightforward and can feel his frustration at some of the responses,
none of which offered satisfactory alternative information.

> I believe I have been quite tolerant of various transgressions on this
> list in the past (perhaps to a fault), but I have thought long and
> hard on this issue, and find that I can no longer let the list be dragged
> through the mudhole that you apparently try to keep discussion mired in.
> As such, Rex, I would like you to take a vacation from the list for a
> while, an opportunity to ponder how communication and accountability
> can be improved - you can access the archives if you want to keep up.
> NFL, Rene, and Bob Avery were asked to leave the list for
> somewhat different transgressions, but one feature that has been

I protest strongly here. It is the tactic of some people in here
(certainly not Rex) to mudsling rather than provide any tangible
counterarguments and thus draw people otherwise merely interested
in exchanging information into unpleasant and pointless bickery.
For this reason alone I may actually consider leaving it myself if
things don't change. There are people who want to know (or at
least note and acknowledge any information passed on) and there
are people who very obviously don't want to know no matter what
the subject (moles from the food industry perhaps?). This latter
group seems to be in the majority at the moment and is quite adept
at tying up other people who attempt provide info with anything
from petty, juvenile name-calling to downright insulting comments.

Take the Brix method, for example, invented here in Germany, as
well as the German work on Kirlian photography. Why do they
seem to get up some people's noses (perhaps because they were
not invented or followed-up properly in, say, the U.S.A.) despite
the fact that they are still the most effective methods we have
today of identifying the vitality and hence the quality of fruits and
veggies? Who has offered any info on for better methods? What I'm
trying to say is that it is not the Rex's of this world that are
at fault and hampering the transfer of info but the jealous and
the envious and the often also half-hearted rest who are usually
more interested in either picking the cherries or picking an
argument.

Alan