RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:18:59 -0400
From:
John Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
>Do you think that toxins are stimulants because they are irritating? So the
>body tries to expel them? I'm trying to understand why and how the body
>handles something as a stimulant, when it might at another time be handled as
>a benign substance (say in the case of a food - for instance, today your body
>doesn't need apples, but today you were given an apple in your lunch box so
>you ate it.).

Liza, this is what the Natural Hygiene-ists propose.  I myself don't know if
it is true but seems reasonable.  I notice this when I take garlic or
cayenne.  A good/reasonable explation is that these are extreme irritants
and the body is trying to get rid of them through all possible avenues, and
so, by and by, other poisons are also expelled, and hence they're touted
virtues.  But people don't stop to think that they are poisons (of course
more benign than other poisons).

love, js
John Stankiewicz, Nutritionist.
Obscure health related info: http://209.196.132.211/