From:
"Spivack, Lisa M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 15:42:00 PDT

Hi, everybody.  I just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and
wanted to share some wonderful GF experiences.

1.  Delta Airlines got my GF breakfast straight.  Nothing much - rice
cakes with peanut butter and fruit - but it started the trip on a
pleasant note.

2.  First night dinner at Emeril's Restaurant.  I had written them in
advance re dietary requirements (thank you Mary for your sample letters)
and had a fabulous experience there.  The chef came out to introduce
himself and worked with me to make almost any dish that I desired GF.
 The food was wonderful and my husband and friends enjoyed the special
treatment.  The chef continued to visit the table to ensure that I was
lacking in nothing.  I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to all!

3.  Lunch at Acme Oyster House.  I had fried food in a restaurant!  They
assured me in advance that the restaurant only uses corn meal with
absolutely no wheat or other taboo ingredients in the friers.

4.  Brunch at Commander's.  Not so welcoming as Emeril's, but the chef
actually researched CD in advance of my visit and prepared a wonderful
meal of crab cakes (with no breading), grilled tuna and flourless
chocolate cake.  They even had GF vodka for a great bloody mary.  Another
hit!

That's about it.  Just wanted to share the news of my successful
experiences and confirm that with a little planning we can eat as well
(if not better) than our non-GF friends.  If anyone intends to travel
down to New Orleans and needs any information, feel free to e-mail me.

Lisa in NYC