From:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:53:59 -0400

Thank you to all who responded to my concerns.  Suggestions were magnesium
levels to be checked, check thyroid, be careful of gluten, see a
neurologist and have my eyes checked,see an ENT.

I got through to my GI this morning.  She is great.  She said my
eosinophil count (usually detects allergies) is very high 23, last count
was 8 in February.  She suggested calling my GP and is faxing results to
my ENT (also my allergist).  I called the GP I am really angry, they still
did not recieve the bloodwork from the lab(funny the GI got it in one
day).

I started searching the net and scared myself to see that high  count is
linked to all kinds of cancer that we are prone to.
Question to the list.

Does anyone know if a count this high could be connected to allergy shots?
I get 3 for MANY allergies per week.

What type of doctor do I see for this kind of problem?

I am scared and sick and tired of dealing with idiots who don't have the
guts to admit when they are out of their league.

My symptoms still persist along with skin inflammation.

GI feels I am not getting gluten and is waiting for Celiac panel results.
Also asked her about other food allergies and if this would raise count
and she said no.

Again any help would be appreciated.
Joan in PA