From:
elizabeth j powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:26:28 -0800

I am now 2 months pregnant, doing great, but I look four months because
there's SOMETHING I'm ingesting that's bloating me out completely.  I
have been so careful about food that I'm positive it's not that. My
husband's been doing the cooking, and he's even more careful about my
diet than I am, it seems, which is a godsend:)

The only other thing I can think of is that it has to be the
vitamin/supplements I'm taking. I'm taking folic acid and and iron, both
from Nature Made which says right on the label it's gf, so I'm pretty
sure they're safe. The prenatal tablets i'm taking are Safeway Select, a
no-name brand which was the only one they had displayed.  I asked the
pharmacist if he knew if there was gluten in the mixture and he just
looked at me blankly.

My questions are: does anyone know of a Prenatal supplement that is
gluten free? i sure wish Nature Made had some, but as of yet I haven't
come by any from them. Also, I've heard from this list that vitamin c
helps iron bind in the body so it's not washed out through
digestion...anyone have any good suggestions of chewables?

And one last question: with all this extra iron I'm ingesting I'm totally
and thoroughly bunged up, as you can imagine. I've heard that Metamucil
is great, as well as gf.  Does this extend to all flavours? And what are
the best flavors? I've never tried it before and  I know I won't use it
if I don't like it.

Thanks in advace for all responses and I will post results.

Elizabeth