BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Manuel Costa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 02:52:54 +0200
[Clyde Shideler wrote]
> I would also
>like to keep all my current software and windows 3.1, but would like to put
>windows 95 as an additional and separate operating system.  I have been told
>that I could get Partion Magic or System Commander and these programs will
>permit me to have two operating systems on the computer and I can then
choose to
>use one or the other.

Hello Clyde:

You don't need two partitions and a boot manager program to run DOS/Windows
3.X and Windows 95 in the same machine. You can install Windows 95 in a
directory different from Windows 3.X and the installation program will
check the existence of the old DOS/Windows system and will install a dual
boot program that will allow you to use both systems.
After installing Windows 95, for instance in the directory C:\WIN95 if your
old Windows 3.X is installed in C:\WINDOWS, you can use the old DOS by
pressing key F8 when the message "Starting Windows 95" appears. You will
get a menu, where one of the options is to start your old DOS system.

Saludos/Regards
        Manuel Costa (Barcelona - Spain)