RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EVW Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 06:45:42 -0800
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> Perhaps this is so if it is aged. But fresh meat, like a green banana (or a
> raw sweet potato if it isn't tasty), is probably not very "efficient" at
> all.

Yes, it hasn't started to self-digest. What I can't figure out is
whether that "better" taste of aged meat is akin to the taste of-- say
charred meat, which is for sure harmful. I am finding that now that I've
been all raw for a while, (and--a plug for my toxic mind theory--my
taste sensitivites have improved from doing the work of detoxing my
brain of repressed emtotions that blunted my ability to taste) that dead
nuts, for example, which I used to love, no longer taste good to me. And
I seem to like meat fresh, rather than aged. Maybe I should try some
charred meat?

> a trade off

I think you have the answer, "a trade off."

My best, Ellie