From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:53:06 +0200
At 11:14 1998-08-31 -0700, Arthur McCaskey wrote:

>  I've also heard that we , as humans, have 5 limbic  (brainstem,
>primitive level) drives that we share with other "higher"  (I speak
>ironically) mammals: power, safety , socializing, sexuality, and
>nutrition. The 6th one, unique to humans (supposedly), is the drive to
>find meaning.

Looking at the world from within our culture, we can not see what
is universally natural, and what is just within our culture.
I doubt number 6 for h/g people, as I think is connected to the fact
that in modern cultures we are living in a kind of capitulated state.
To psychologically survive this we, among other weird things, try to
find some kind of meaning (f ex with life).
For a better description of what I mean with "capitulated state" see:
http://www.algonet.se/~hans-k/eMKochE.html

- Hans