From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:00:36 -0400
Gary Vincent wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> I noticed that this summer I never sunburned even spending up to three hours
> at a time in my pool which is in direct sun.

  Maybe you just tanned gradually;  I look back fondly on the days when a deep
tan was the thing to do;    I still think it looks great;  however,  I would be
amazed if diet had much to do wiht your result of tanning without a burn.  I
still get a lot of sun and know that I get a surge out of it after long Ohio
winters but I also think caution is in order.  Our northern latitude paleo
ancestors didn't have to deal with depleted ozone and probably maintained a
perpetual base  tan  during sunny months laid on each spring as the daylight
gradually increased unlike we  working stiffs who tend to suddenly bake our
winter bleached bods when we get a few days off or on weekends.