From:
"Aaron D. Wieland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 13:10:44 -0400
Hans Kylberg wrote:
>Are You allergic to some fruit, otherwise I dont think it can affect the
>allergy. Why do You suspect the fruit sugar? I eat lots of fruit, but I
>do not eat hazelnuts and almonds anymore since I have found that I am
>probably allergic to them.

If someone is sensitive to sugar (e.g., due to hyperinsulism), the metabolic
imbalance which results from eating too much of it can produce allergy-like
symptoms.  I experienced this problem when I tried an elimination diet to
identify my allergies and ate too many pears.  I felt really crummy for a
few days afterwards, and felt as though I was reacting to everything I ate.
Soon, I'll retry the elimination diet, but I intend to avoid fruit entirely
this time.

-- Aaron Wieland