RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:07:53 +0100
Alan:

I am not willing to discuss at length the problem of whether to eat
meat or not, but you say

> view it is too expensive to feed myself on fruit only from 100%
> reliable sources (such as Orkos etc.).

and then

> - I see no reason for consuming anything from growth hormones to
> antibiotics to pesticides etc.

Well, "reliable" sources of meat don't contain more growth hormones
than "reliable" sources of fruit contain pesticides.

Other remarks and questions:

 -Why do lions waste so much "precious energy breaking down the
protein chains into simple aminos"?

 -Saturated fat is not harmful when not in excess and balanced by
unsaturates. Sugar is harmful when in excess too.

 -What would constitute for you a "proof" that pre-fire man ate such
or such food? You are ignoring some evidence of meat-eating, but do
you have a better evidence of fruit-eating?

 -Converting the world to vegetarianism would NOT resolve famine
problems. Even in countries where enough food is produced, some people
are still starving.

 -If you are an atheist, then what do you mean when you say "I see no
proof that man was supposed to eat meat"? What meaning do you give to
the word "supposed"?

 -Moral reasons (not willing to kill) are IMO the *only* good reason for
not eating meat.

 -How do you know whether such or such reaction (e.g. drooling,
disgust) can be attributed to instinct or culture?

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>