RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:15:48 EST
Hi, Alan:

In a message dated 2/13/99 3:57:40 PM Central Standard Time, amf.prefire@T-
ONLINE.DE writes:

<<
 >  If you are craving for oil (which is natural if you are not getting
 >  enough of the fat-soluble vitamins (such as beta-carotene or the
 >  vitamins A, D, E and K) use cold-pressed vegetable oils and/or
 >  fresh nuts and/or oily fruits such as avocados.
 >
 > --Natural Hygiene physicians recommend avoiding ANY kind of oils not in
their
 > natural state, and some even advise against avocados.

 Do you really have NH PHYSICIANS where you are (where are you BTW?)?

--No, there are no
 Physicians where we are here in Alabama. After working as a Health Educator
and Fitness Instructor/reporter/writer for much of my adult life, a close bout
with death caused me to re-evaluate and look elsewhere.

Fortunately I discovered N.H. and have spent the last 15 years immersing
myself in re-education: going to seminars, conferences, retreats, fasting
institutes, and getting to know and/or work personally with many of the
"gurus" (ie., The long-time respected N.H. doctors from all over the world).

 True NH people don't profess to treat people (much less cure
 people) as conventional physicians do..in fact they are not allowed
 to call themselves physicians anywhere in the western world as far
 as I know. They merely propagate preventative "medicine", i.e.
 natural eating etc., as a means of gaining or maintaining health.

--I use the term physician loosely to delineate between layman and
professional as it is less apt to be put into the "medical" category than the
term "doctor." But, you're right, it might not be appropriate.

 > --Do you have any info on the latter?

 Cold-pressed vegetable oils are natural (in as far as the act of
 cold pressing anything is a natural act and the oil comes from a
 reputable source).

--Anything that has a shelf life would require some type of treatment and/or
preservative, thus N.H. recommends against it.

 As to avos..I eat a half every other day (nice
 and ripe and buttery) and wouldn't want to miss them. I have no
 problems with them as far as I am aware (and neither does anyone
 else I know). Perhaps you could tell me why NH "physicians" where
 you are advise against them.

--This would depend on one's age, body structure, height/weight, and/or amount
of exercise.
--Avocado contain a good bit of oil, albeit in a natural, easy to digest form,
but oil stimulates hormones and too much promotes growths and tumors.
Therefore one disposed to breast or prostate cancer or tumors might best avoid
them, as well as seeds and nuts (and of course other sources of concentrated
protein: soy, tofu, legumes, etc.)

 Best regards,

 Alan

And to you;-)
gc
ps

I LOVE avocados, too, but they are addictive. I know one woman who had growths
on her neck. On fine-tuning her diet, it came down to the fact she consumed a
minimum of one avocado a day, and even after a long fast, went RIGHT back to
doing the same thing.