RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:30:47 -0500
Hey Wes,

I was just trying to clean up my in-box when I came upon this message I
was saving to try to reply to, which you sent in to the list on October
21 (that makes it seven days ago) -

You wrote:
> I'm new to the list... I thought I'd just jump in with a couple of >questions:
>
> Can I have some opinions on raw dairy - goat or cow derived milk, >yogurt,
> cheese, butter. I know the pasteurized forms are well-known to be >mucus
> forming, and generally unhealthful in many ways; however is there a >dramatic
> difference in the raw form, and would they be a good addition to one's >diet,
> generally speaking? ....... Also, starches - tubers, grains, etc. - >would these be superior in their raw
> state, or cooked? Would raw yams for example be as assimilable as >boiled
> yams? I currently hold the belief that cooking helps break down the >starch,
> but I don't know this for sure. If in fact starches are better in >their raw
> state, that would be the only info I'd need to go from mostly raw to >100%
> raw (btw, I include raw free range eggs as part of my diet).
>
> Thanks in advance for any info!
>
> Wes

So, I have just realized that you are, in fact, completely brand new to
raw foods, and all those meals that you are describing to us you have
basically been eating for about a week.

That kind of puts your comments in a different perspective.

The internet is great. The trouble with it, though, is that since you
can't see the person, you miss out on about 90% of the normal cues that
communicate just as much as the words they say.

I hadn't realized that I was talking with a person who was experimenting
for the first time with eating new things. Now that I DO know this, I
just want to say, "Great!" "Have Fun!" "Bon Appetit!" "Good Luck!" and
other encouraging things.

You should consider yourself EXTREMELY fortunate to have found this
list, by the way, since there are people here who have been
experimenting with and discussing raw foods for twenty years and more.
There's a HUGE wealth of experience and good thinking on this list - I
personally feel totally totally lucky and grateful to have stumbled upon
it.

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)