RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:41:53 -0400
Irene,

>The weather has turned cold and so have I.  I was told that living on
>this type of diet would make me more susceptible to cold weather.  What
>is everyone else doing?  I don't like the idea of wrapping myself up in
>sweaters allthe time while relaxing in my own home.

You were told wrong! But technically right, IF you eat only fruits and
vegetables (most all have a cooling effect on the body). But if you eat
some nuts, seeds, tubers, roots, grains, animal protein, you should be
quite warm.

I live in northern Wisconsin. Trust me, it doesn't get much colder than
here in the winters. It's about 40 degrees right now.

Last night I was out walking and it started pouring rain and I got just
soaked. Cold rain + cold temps doesn't make for a "warm" situation. But I
was very warm, had no problem with it. I feel warmer than when I ate
cooked food! I no longer wake up shivering in the mornings in the cold
house. When I ate cooked I did. I find raw tubers especially warming. And
of course the raw nuts/seeds with their oil content is warming, as oils &
fats when metabolized produce heat.

Wes