From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 22:10:02 -0400
On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Caryl Wattman wrote:

> So, Todd and others, do we just put up with the increased likelihood of colon
> cancer?  Counter-measures?
>
> Caryl

It's rather hard to know what to do, isn't it?  We could argue
about whether the data really show a correlation, or whether it
is a serious risk.  We could speculate that meat is only
carcinogenic in the presence of some other X factor that is
luckily not present in a paleodiet.  We could prefer uncooked
meat, perhaps in the form of jerky or pemmican, to cooked meat.
We could boil meat, as the Inuit like to do.  We could attempt to
identify the phytonutrients with the greatest known
anti-mutagenic properties and be sure to consume the vegetables
and fruits that contain them.

We could combine all of the above and hope for the best.

Todd Moody