From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 02:17:18 -0500
>From:    Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: results of fish fast

>I just completed a 7 day period where i ate nothing but fresh, wild
>fish.  I wanted to share my observations.

Thank you for sharing.  Other people's diet are interesting to hear
about.

>I saw many benefits at the end of the week.  I lost weight, my average
>resting pulse rate dropped about 5 beats per minute, my skin was as
>healthy as i can remember, my mood was better, and i experienced less
>brain fog.

All symptoms of calorie reduction.  Are you sure you got enough calories?

>The down side was that my energy level dropped off.  My strength fell by
>less than 10 per cent and my stamina decreased significantly.  Also, i
>got tired of eating only one thing.

I believe that when you change your diet suddenly like this it may take
time for the body to adjust.  Saying, "I ate this food today and I did
great" is interesting, but not necessarily meaningful for long term
health data.  Now, immediate effects, like gas, upset tummy, heartburn,
etc. may provide a reason to say a food was good or bad.  Anyway, I am
saying that if you gave yourself more time to adjust then your body
probably would continue to do so.  That is, up to the point you started
showing signs of some kind of malnurishment from a possibly unbalanced
diet.

People that go on severe calorie restriction (but enough to be healthy
and sustainable, not a starvation type diet) report the following.  First
they lose alot of weight.  Then they feel less energetic, and very
hungry, as the body adjusts.  Then, they slowly gain a little weight, and
feel very energetic, and less hungry after they have adjusted.  The time
scale for this may be several months or more.

>I am considering trying a diet in the future where i alternate between
>days of all fish and days of all fruit.  Perhaps i will introduce the
>fruit one at a time.

Is there a reason you don't combine the two on the same day?  If you
added in veggies then you would be getting very close to what my diet is,
currently.  I do think there are advantages to keeping things balanced,
and not too lopsided (IMO).

>Trying to get well,

Best of luck!

James Crocker