From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:00:44 -0400
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> At which meat should i look to find Vitamin-C??

I don't think you'll find vitamin C in any meat.  Nevertheless, I
believe Ilya is referring to the fact, described in Stefansson's
_Fat of the Land_, that scurvy can be prevented by fresh meat
or pemmican.  The salted meats that the British used did not do
the trick.  This doesn't mean that the meat contains vitamin C,
but it does imply that the meat contains *something* that has the
anti-scurvy (ascorbic) properties of vitamin C.  I don't know if
that substance has yet been identified.

Todd Moody