NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 23:17:13 -0400
I have received conflicting information from Oscar Mayer regarding the milk content of their hot dogs.  They sent me a list of all of their meat products which DO NOT contain dairy products.  This list included their regular hot dogs (wieners made with turkey and pork).  However, they have told me in two separate phone conversations that these wieners contain sodium casienate.  I have not asked about any of the other products on the list, but this makes me question the accuracy of the whole list.  Has anyone else received this list from Oscar Mayer?  If so, have you tried any of the products without any problems?  I am concerned that they are distributing this list as "dairy-free" when it is actually not.

Sandy