NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda H Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:30:24 -0700
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, P & M Clark wrote:

> cooking all meals on the run.   I think I would be in heaven with a tiny
> microwave oven.  So I am wondering what ideas you may have.. ???   Or what
> kind of gadgets you take on your trips??   Thank,  Paula & Mike

I know this isn't quite what you were asking for but maybe you will find
it helpful anyway.

There are two books that I keep in my car.  One is The Tofu Tollbooth by
Dar Williams.  It lists most of the natural food stores in the US and
gives very detailed road directions.  The other is The Guide to Natural
Foods Restaurants, published by Vegetarian Journal.  It lists most of the
vegetarian/vegan restaurants in the US and Canada.

I have found these books to be useful for finding foods I can eat when I
am away from home.  I realise that not everyone is, or is interested in
being, vegetarian but it is such a treat to sit down in a restaurant,
order a vegan meal and not have to worry about eating something I
shouldn't because the waitron didn't know that butter is a dairy product.

Amanda