NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:19:25 -0800
Regarding the comment about rice products: "My friend has an excellent rice-crust, non-dairy pizza that she makes.
Rice and buckwheat are my primary carb sources.  I just bought a vegetarian
rice cookbook and have made the first 3 recipes:  borscht, chili, and
gumbo.", I know this is the no-milk list, but my son also has gluten (wheat,
oats, rye, barley) allergy and I would love to try rice-buckwheat combo. The
quinoa flour tastes horrible.  Any chance of having your friend's pizza recipe
posted or sent toome  privately?

My son also has th e soy allergy (as well as eggs, nuts, dairy, basically
everything but meats and vegs and some fruits).  He had a hard time gainig
weight for about 6 months after we discovered and removed these foods. He's
now 2 and 1/2 almost and his gut seems healed enought to now eat oranges,
tomoatoes, and the other day he had a soup with soy protein in it with no
adverse reactuon.  (The 1st two seemed to never be allergies just too acidic).
I too am wondering if I should ever try to re-introduce cow's milk as the
stats supposedly show that 85% of 3 year olds "outgrow" .  I would never even
consider it except for the growth problem (getting enough calories, adn fat is
a battle for him).

Also, could you please post the name of the cookbook (rice related) you
referred to p?

Thanks,
Susan, mother of Nicky, and Emma