CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carolyn Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:11:38 -0500

I have celiac disease diagnosed by an allergist in 87 -- never had a biopsy
so GI calls me 'gluten intollerant' but the result is the same -- I'm
healthy if I stay GF.

Although I am not currently diabetic, since my mother had diabetes which
could be controlled by diet, I recently began exercising regularly and
eating a lot more veggies and have cut down on the carbos.  Figured it can't
hurt and might help in the long run.  If I don't eat regularly I get the
shakes, so take a banana to work or buy OJ. Feeling a lot better since
changing my diet.

I'm currently at home with bronchitis and had flu over the holidays.  The
first time I've been sick for a couple years, other than a mild cold.  When
I'm sick, I tend to look for gluten I may have eaten -- as it took me so
long in the beginning to get good diet info and it became second nature to
"find the gluten" which was making me sick, but have been eating home-cooked
and only 'safe' foods at restaurants.  Guess it must be 'normal' health!

Good Luck and Good Health,   Carolyn