BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 10:01:17 +0000
SOS Gab & Eti 1.24

The Orgrease Discussion Group and Orgrease Family Web Site are pleased
to announce that in the near future there will be 358 Orgrease Trail
Highway tablets made and placed from Bullamanka, NY to San Francisco,
CA.

The project is headed by a Mr. J. Humfray Portocini of Mocksville, NY,
whose Bullamanka Memorial Association has as its objective the raising
of the Orgrease reputation and its memory in the American consciousness.

Mr. Portocini is not specifically interested in marking a known pathway
for Buck Orgrease, his primary interest is in keeping his deceased
friend’s memory alive. Though many of the markers are being placed in
strategic places, such as at the beginning of the Bullamanka Toothgap
Trail and known places where Buck had cleaned a cold draft, many are
also being placed in locations that Buck never had any reason to carve
in a barstool, “Hare I dade drone a bare.”

The marker shows a bust of Buck with his favorite telepathic chicken,
Mars, pecking clean a silver queen corn cob. The markers are fabricated
of recycled metal from salvaged IBM-clone cases.

Do you live in TN? Would you be interested in contacting the State and
Regional Highway Divisions? If so, please let us know. We need to see if
we can find out what they did with the tablets from the monuments they
dismantled along the TN State Highways.

It is hoped that the majority of these markers can be placed in the next
few months. Mr. Portocini has recently had the transmission rebuilt in
his push-button Plymouth Savoy, it now runs forward as well as in
reverse, and he will be setting out in early June on this American
mission. If you know of a location that would be appropriate for
placement please let me know and I will forward your comments to Mr.
Portocini. He has promised to keep us updated on his progress and to
make a video-tape that he hopes to sell to PBS in order to finance the
memorial project.

For the first fifteen respondents we offer a facsimile of the Orgrease
Trail Highway Transcontinental Map. This is a map drawn by Etidorpha
based on an oral interview she had with her father just following his
decease.

The Orgrease Family would like to give special thanks to Mr. Portocini
for his valorous efforts on behalf of their progenitor’s memory.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5836