BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 09:03:13 EDT
Bruce writes:

> As to McKim, Mead and White, it is my understanding that Joseph Morrill
>  Wells used to read their in-house memos aloud for light relief at the
>  soirees at Saint-Gaudens. Apparently he found their grammar stilted and
>  overly prescriptive.

Interesting you should mention Saint-Gaudens. I'm consulting on a project
there and just completed the report yesterday. SG is now a federal NPS site
and I must admit I had to fight myself to keep my grammar in the report from
becoming more than somewhat stiltified. It was only a little less prescriptive
than usual.

I am awe struck by the site, especially the studio building. It makes me want
to go back to art school. I was careful to not take my sketch book with me. I
would not have gotten any work done on the roof leak problem over at Aspet,
the main house.

John Leeke