BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MDierickx <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:35:40 EDT
4/14/98
In reference to the underground University of Michigan Law Library, I also
don't think that all new buildings or additions in historic settings should go
underground but Avery Library at Columbia University in New York  works very
well.  It has minimal impact on the old McKim, Mead & White building (I'm very
embarassed to say I can't remember the well-known architect of the c. 1980
addition) and the library is a pleasant, though somewhat crowded,  place to
work.  There is a wide stairway to the downstairs part but it does not destroy
the feel of the old interior.
Mary Dierickx, NYC