BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:55:43 EDT
Ken, your estimating techniques seem much more accurate and fun than mine.
Mine always start with figuring out how much time I can afford to spend on the
estimate, how accurate it needs to be, whether there is anywhere near
sufficient information for me to estimate and.....who can I call who can
visualize DOING the work and will give me a straight answer.  (and you think
your pace places your manly reputation at risk!)

Awhile back we discussing, and some lamenting, the need for training of
employees and the problems arising from having employees with greater skills,
at the employer's expense.  I side note, perhaps of not concern...it seems
I've been forced to view this issue from a new perspective.  I still agree
with my old self, but I may need to temper my position.

-jc