RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:01:51 +0100
Hi Sandy,

> In a message dated 2/9/99 7:49:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, amf.prefire@T-
> ONLINE.DE writes:
>
> <<
>  The 12-year study was started in 1980 and covered a total of
>  77761 (!!) women between the ages of 34 and 59. Without going
>  into ALL the details (you can read it yourself if you are
>  interested) the study reported that women who drink two or more
>  glasses of milk per day are 45% more likely to suffer from
>  femoral fractures and 5% more likely to suffer from fractures in
>  the forearm bones.
>

> Do you think it makes a difference that the milk in the study was probably
> pasteurized vs raw?

Personally no. The calcium in milk (whether raw or pasteurized) is
bonded to casein. To break the bond we need the enyme rennin. Most
people cease or severely cut back the production of this enzyme after
weaning off. Couple this with the fact that we have no use for casein
(except perhaps for making cheese) and the fact that cows milk contains
about 300 times more casein than human milk and you can see why the stuff
is troublesome. Every heard of the acidity tablets "Rennies" and have you
ever wondered why they bear this name?

> Love

And to you too,

Alan