RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul W. Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:18:47 -0500
Hi Ellie,

>I've had raw chicken taste sour, and I don't know if that's because the
chicken ate
grains.<

I haven't eaten raw chicken, but I eat lots of raw eggs, and I notice the
differerence between grain-fed chicken eggs and grass-fed. The grass-fed
always taste good and have no egginess. The eggs from grain-fed chickens
(even if organic) are runny and sometimes leave an 'egginess' in the
digestion.

I haven't experimented enough to determine exactly the toxicity of cooked
versus raw meat in 'my' body. To have a good experiment, my system needs
some time to clean out the cooked veggies I ate last night and also a few
days earlier that definitely caused a problem. My plan to switch to all-raw
animal foods (being sure they are always very fresh) along with all-raw
veggie and see how 'clean' I feel, then introduce some  cooked meat and see
if I notice a real difference. My stools have had an odor I don't like this
week and I can't tell if it is from cooked veggies, cooked meat (which I
have been eating as well), or both.

Either cooked or raw though, I'm certain meat has had a strengthening
effect that I haven't been able to obtain from raw veggie (even with raw
eggs). For the sake of pure optimal physiology in all areas I'm pretty
convinced the best diet for me would contain some amount of fresh, raw meat
(especially red meat) from healthy animals - it is just various issues
associated with raw meat, that would prevent most people from even
considering it, that still bother me.

Paul