Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:26:26 -0400
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:44:07 -0400, Ilya <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
>> For example our Vitamin C dependency shows us, that fresh plants,
>> especially fruit, have always been with certainity in our food after maximum
>> 4 months of shortcomeing (4 months is our maximum vitamin c storage).
>> And this is absolutely shure for all of our anchestors,
>> because otherwise they would have died of scurvy before reproduceing (us).
>Not really true...
>We lost our ability to manufacture it over time. (Studies show that it takes
>about 50 generations for a population to completely loose the ability to
>make something that is plentiful in the food, at least for single c
ell
>organisms). ... So your assertion that vitamin C must have always
>been in the food supply in more than sufficient amounts isn't true.

We aren't one cell organisms.
I bet rats or cats for example won't loose their ability to produce vitamin-c
in 50 generations.
If you assume that we humans lost our vitamin-c sysnthesis capability
_recently_, then you would assume that it was available realy plentiful
only in _recent_ times.
That's not the case.Vitamin C, as well as A are not contained in grains.
But it _was_ available plentiful when primates were fruitatians
(for 40 million years) also in african times (2 million years),
and even in hunter/gatherer-times in ice-age (40000 to 10000 years ago)
after some months of winter, for example though rumex plants.
Why speaking against fruit?

>Your second assertion, that it was the plants, and specifically fruit,
>that have bee
n the source for C is also faulty - uncooked meat has enough
>C for humans to survive without deficiency symptoms (certainly enough to
>avoid scurvy). This is not to say that it contains optimum amounts of it,
>but optimum amounts are not needed for successfull propagation.
>
>Ilya

Ilya, i tested
Game meat, antelope, raw
 at: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
results in:
 Vitamins
 Vitamin C, ascorbic acid   mg   0.000
 Thiamin                    mg  .320
  Riboflavin                mg  .580
 Vitamin A, IU                 0.000

At which meat should i look to find Vitamin-C??

regards
Amadeus