RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roger Lowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 13:50:27 -0400
Kirt and All,

I would like to make a few comments about various posts I've read recently.

Nutrition is not just a "science", it is an "art" as well.  No two people
will react exactly the same to the same diet.  The individual must be looked
at individually.  You can use scientific testing, but it might not be
accurate.  For example there are many "scientific studies" that disprove
dietary regimes that I personally know work on certain people.
My uncle, for example was a very controversial M.D. who believed in a high
fat diet (not necessarilly raw, although he had a few patients which only
ate raw meat).  He treated various psychological and biological illnesses
exclusively through diet  for over 40 years very successfully; this brings
me to my next point......

For the most part society wants convenience and will NOT accept
controversial ideas with open arms!  People who outwardly take on
controversial positions are chastised, NOT honored for their efforts.
History does repeat, be aware.  My uncle had a very difficult time trying to
convince the medical establishment of his findings even though he had
thousands of patients and scientific papers to prove it.  He fought for over
40 years.  It would have been much easier for him to make money as a
mainstream drug pushing, slice 'em up M.D.  If you're one of these drug
touting type doctors you have everyone behind you.  The drug companies love
you, most patients love you (because they believe they can take a "magic"
pill to solve all their problems-convenience), you'll have a nice, easy
existence; your kids will go to good universities, you'll live in a nice
suburban house and you'll be a pillar of your community (watch that
repressed anger, it could do you in), no feathers ruffled.  This whole
things brings me to my next point.....

The man who walks alone should be given the benefit of the doubt.  It is
only through his efforts that new discoveries are made.  The man who follows
the crowd will get no further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is
likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before.  Being
different breeds contempt NOT admiration from society.  Just try this:  Go
out and tell every one you know that you eat raw meat, record their
reactions (be sure to mention the chicken); the fact is almost all will
wince at first, until you reframe their beliefs.  What it comes down to is
no one else out there is treating people with quite the same methodologies
as Aajonus.  His approach is quite unique.  The $300 is for the FIRST
consultation ONLY.  This is reasonable.  Aajonus is not interested in doing
a high volume business here, he won't.  A meat market, assembly line,
factory type doctor might charge the same amount, might charge a little less
or more, but his approach you can be sure will not be unique (and might even
harm you; also the drug/therapy and surgery prices must be taken into
account).  If you can only afford 30 bucks instead buy the book and READ it.
The book is very detailed.  It's a great way to learn his dietary system.  I
have never "consulted" with Aajonus (I've only spoke to him on the phone,
for free, a very pleasant guy) but I've gained a tremendous amount from his
book.  Things that I intuitively believed were made more clear to me in the
book.  I've been eating raw meat on and off for over 10 years and the book
has confirmed my own feelings.  I really believe it can be a life changing
book for some people.

Anyway, that's my 5 cents.

Warmly,
Roger