RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:03:31 -0400
Susan,

> It is
> basically bad eating-(refined everything)-that caused the cancer,

Weelll, here we are again on a DIFFERENT internet list, basically having
the same discussion again!! :)

I guess I'll just say again what I said the other day in our discussion
on mental 'illness.'  Cancer is not a result of ANY one, single factor
alone, whether it be food, any particular food (like meat vs fruit), any
particular FORM of food (like cooked vs raw), or ANY other lifestyle
factor alone (like excercise or lack of it, or sleep, or mental state,
or stress, or pure or polluted air, etc etc).

When it comes to health and disease, there are an almost infinite number
of factors which all either work in harmony or discord with each other,
and the 'conditions' that we recognize and have given names to are
manifestations of an overall imbalance of the entire organism.

> naturally, when you take away these culprits, cancer goes away too.
> Doesn' t that in a nutshell make sense??

That is, unfortunately, just not how it goes Susan. If it did, then
everyone with cancer would eat raw food and get better. Just a bit
simplistic, unfortunately.

> Some say raw food is a cancer preventative but not a curative...This > does
> not make sense!

Well yes it does, actually, because I think that what is meant is just
to use good common sense. Most people will agree that if you eat more
fresh vegetables and less Hostess Twinkies, you probably will help your
immune system a little.

Likewise, if you find that you have developed a malignant tumour, the
fresh vegetables might (and this is a 'might possibly' not a 'will
certainly') help you more than the Twinkies. (unless, of course, in your
individual case, the most important reason you finally developed the
cancer is because you've had a lifelong battle with your overpowering
mother, which for entirely personal and unique reasons all centered
completely on your freedom to eat one very specific food - Hostess
Twinkies).

But in any case, the vegetables will not CURE you. So far there is
nothing to show that the vegetables can CURE you, since there are MANY
more things involved than food alone. And anyway, only 'you' can CURE
you.

> Rawpower!

Uh oh. I think I know what you've been reading lately. Please be wary of
aNY seductively simplistic explanation for all the problems of the
times. I know we all long for simple solutions, and I wish we could find
some. But as soon as you think about it for a little, you see that life,
health, and human problems, are all more complex than we might like. :)

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)