RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 08:53:31 -0400
Nieft / Secola wrote and told of his MIL, who is living a good life 6
years after colon removal:

> The absence of surgery wasn't the cause of her cancer, was it?

I believe the cancer organizations universally blame diet for colon
cancer.

> She has NO DETECTABLE cancer and is healthy and active in her late
> sixties. Is it a miracle? Perhaps a trite one because no diet was
> involved.

"Trite" is not a word normally used when speaking of cancer survival.
And I'm glad she is able to hold her grandchild.  I've had friends
(since passed) who expressed fear of holding children because of
possibly disrupting their colostomy bags.  Detached bags can dampen any
party.

Kirt, I agree with your point in other messages that head-count studies
in regards to alternative vis-a-vis hi-tech curing would be most
valuable.  However, I'm damn suspicious that the money driving hi-tech
drugging will corrupt the numbers.  Wasn't it proven less than a year
ago that the researchers *automatically* shifted to approve
calcium-blockers in direct proportion to the freebies they got from the
manufacturers?

Actually, I have no problem whatsover with ancecdotal stories of cancer
survivors---no matter what pulled them back from the brink.  However, I
do shudder as I think back to the horrid abuse some of my friends
(living and dead) endured.  I think I'm a good bit older than  you, so
have probably seen more of the stumbling human hulks that so commonly
remain, however briefly, after the radical surgery, intense radiation,
and ultimate puke-inducing poisoning.   It just doesn't make sense to me
to harm folks in the name  of cure.

And the more I study Gerson Therapy, the more sense it makes to me.  It
may be just my humble opinion, but that's OK.

Regards,
Rex Harrill