RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 21:31:10 -0500
Jean-Louis:
>I'll believe that eating raw can help cure cancer only when I see a
>rigorous proof. The problem with such claims is that there are too
>many factors involved.

Hello Jean-Louis and all:

Although I myself have sincerely followed Aajonus' raw animal foods regimen with
good results, I thought I might step in for a second and further discuss the
issue that Jean-Louis and Kirt have brought up.  As I remember, this issue has
been discussed often and vigorously:  The raw food diets and the proof or lack
thereof of their efficacy.

Some of you were offended when JL stated that "There is no diet proven to cure
cancer."  At one time, I might have been offended too.  However, he really does
speak the truth.  Sure, Aajonus and others have claimed that hundreds, even
thousands have had cancer reversed through diet.  However, no matter how
convincing or true, personal testimony alone cannot be scientific proof.  As JL
states, there are many different factors involved.  Was it the raw meat that
cured them?  The raw fat?  Or perhaps the vegetable juices?  Or a certain, exact
percentage of each?  We cannot know without rigorous, specific analysis of each
component of the diet -- something which on a wide scale has not been done, to
my knowledge.

Personally, I do not feel that this lack of rigorous scientific study is
entirely the fault of the "gurus" in every case.  For example, I know that
Aajonus is continually searching for resources to further validate through
scientific study his claims of success with RAF.  His major roadblock as I
understand it is the heavy funding and other resources needed to conduct such
detailed studies.  However, it is understood that even the greatest amount of
enthusiasm cannot compensate for lack of sound scientific proof.

I sincerely do believe that eventually there will be more solid scientific
evidence backing the current testimony about use of RAF.  Personally, they are
not that important to me.  I have solid personal experimentation that proves to
me the importance of RAF in my diet.  However, I reaffirm the statement of JL
and Kirt in saying that there is no "proven" diet that cures cancer.  As a
whole, RAF may "work" for many people.  It personally is working for me.
However, until more work has been done, I think we should realize that there is
still a long way to go before we can say to the general public with a good
conscience what place RAF really does have in healing particular illnesses, and
which variables are most important.

Regards,

Ben