RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:28:40 EDT
Roy,

<< I haven't read the articles about Blue Green Algae, but I have taken it for
 awhile.  I felt an initial feeling - almost euphoric.  I still don't know
what
 happened but it semed to give me something I needed when I was doing mostly
 fruit.  It reminds me of the experiences I have had recently with sea veggies
 and digestive enzymes:  I could really "feel" something powerful and
 beneficial going on, which mellowed after awhile.  It seems I was replacing
 something I needed?? >>

I felt the same way when I first took it...

Felt the same as when I smoked a cigarette one time at a frat party when I was
drunk...

Euphoric...

Anyway, despite whatever nutritional benefits there are to the algae, I
wondered about it's stimulant like properties...

Which I found confusing...

And not at all like eating fresh fruit...

Or taking fresh juice...

Which are not confusing mentally to me...

So I looked into it...

Seems they've found little neuro-toxins in blue-green algaes...

That are nicotinic in their functioning...

Helpful with Alzeimers the same way other drugs are...

So, it's a mystery to me...

I speculate that blue-green algae is a nutritional drug...

Potentially addictive...

But I don't know...

Indians used to use it, so they say...

Or maybe that was spirulina...

Which is under less scrutiny...

But they also used to chew coca leaves to get them through their work...

That you only felt euphoric, as did I, "initially", reminds me of a drug one
quickly gains tolerance to, like caffeine...

Those of us who tried the algae also got headaches...

Aaron