RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 08:16:02 +0000
  Not to belabor the point: where I lost you is where all dieters
lose themselves, their 'ruthless self-examination' always seeming to
be of a previous ignorant munching, not their current sensible craze.
   But 'unique nutritional needs' form yet another trap.  An
anthropologist in Canada working with young Indians (Cree?)
called potato chips and beer 'Indian food.'  It's amazing how all the
unique individuals ever conform to fashion, and need support to
resist it.  "My dear, that dress is YOU!" puts the buyer again on the
rack.... so with cars, diets, philosophies...
   And at last comes the cleverest (because spiritual) trap, when the
'number is called' by Nobodaddy, and it's zero.  Once again Omar the
Tentmaker, King of the Wise, proves himself this age's prophet,
using food and drink to mock human certainties on caravan to the
"Nothing.you set out from."                                            Pet