From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 04:07:56 -0500
I would really like to go all paleo in my diet, but for months I have struggled with grains.  I
still like to eat whole grain home made breads and have whole grains for breakfast from time to
time.

I know, people are groaning that this isn't Neanderthin style at all.  But to aid me in my pursuit
of the paleo diet (or at least wean myself off grains) does anyone have gluten free recipes for
bread, and maybe even pancakes?  I just have an addiction to pancakes, although I do things that
reduce the pure flour part quite a bit.  I also use applesauce and cinnamon instead of syrup, so
it's not a total loss.

Eventually, I would like to be 100% paleo, but it has just been too hard, combined with other
dietary guidelines I am using.  What about milk?  What do people know about the virtues of goat's
milk over cow's milk, or other milk-like sources (like soy or nut milks)?  Are these considered
paleo enough to support the diet on this list?

Thanks.

James Crocker

Space travel is utter bilge.
    -Woolley, Richard (U.K. Astronomer Royal)
     (In 1956, the year before Sputnik)