BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 19:43:20 -0500
Ken,
A number of things can be done to level the field.  If I am running the bid
for the owner I restrict the bids to companies that have a minimum number of
years in the trade, do a similar dollar volume of business each year, and
not only cannot use sub's but have to list crews with alternates that become
an integral part of the bid.
As we have discussed before, prequalification and the bidding process takes
an inordinate chunk of the budget and if there are many trades and a CM the
costs become a ludicrous proportion of the dollars, hence no bids and the
creation of project teams  is the way to go.
Leland