RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:34:03 -1000
Alan:
>Humour aside, you are obviously not so well educated as to what you
>can and can not eat raw. Actually you can eat anything raw...but
>sometimes only once. ;-) Raw string beans contain a toxic protein
>known as "phasine", whether you think it funny or not.

Toxins are everywhere, Alan. Get used to it. Just because you have a name
for something you can't see doesn't change the fact that fresh string beans
are at particular times, for particular people, and in particular amounts,
quite delicious and satisfying, resulting in no toxic effects. You're
right, I am not well educated about what can be eaten raw. I leave it to my
tongue. Pity all those poor animals (primates even) who don't know about
the multi-syllabic toxins and Alan's list of right and wrong foods. ;)
Humor aside, that is.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft