RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 01:06:39 -0400
Hi Ben!!

Ben said:
> I have a question.... it seems like you agree that he's put a book out >to make
> most all of the information that would come in a consultation >available to any
> takers at $30.  That would thereby put it within reach of the those >struggling
> financially that you mention.

Liza replies:
Well - I'm figuring to this group my next comment is just going to sound
preposterous, and I'm starting to feel kinda like the spoil sport around
here, and I'm worried that this group is so different from the people I
normally hang around with that my comments are just going to seem
weirder and weirder and less and less understandable - BUT - I'll stick
my neck out here and say - in answer to your comment above about the $30
book - that $30 is REALLY REALLY expensive-sounding, for a luxury item
like a book, for most people. And by the way, I'm fully aware of the
fact that I'm saying 'most' and not 'some.' I do believe that MOST
people fall into the category I'm describing, when it comes to health
care and $300 for a 'consultation' or $30 for a book. I don't think that
this list probably has a lot of these folks as listmembers, but I do
believe we represent the majority of people out there, and that I'm
speaking for MOST people when I give my perspective on that fee.

Ben:
> Also, you mention that people would unable to access the book... I >find that
> hard to believe.  The book has its own Website,

HA!! I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing cause that's funny, and I
think lots of people would think the same thing. The problem is, that
not everybody is on the internet! Most people I know don't have their
own computer at home, and only some have access to one at work, and most
have no clue what the internet is. They've never even heard the term
"website."

I think it's easy to forget this, once you're on the internet, cause
then it seems like the whole world is.

>is available on all >major
> internet bookstores,

Ha! again. It's just funny Ben - cause I guess you just don't know the
same people I know. Cause even if, let's say, someone DID actually have
their own computer, and was able to be on the internet (a real luxury
item if you can't buy food! :)  ) - well, let's say they were - even
then I doubt if they'd go to a BOOKSTORE on the internet!!! It's a style
thing - kinda what people like to do in their spare time, or how they
get information, or how they feel about reading in general, or what
sorts of things are interesting to them, etc. So I can't see my friends
discovering this book on Amazon.com. !!  :D

> and furthermore has its own 1-800 number whereby you can
> order the book.

Well - where exactly IS this 1-800 number? Is it on those overhead signs
you can  stare up at when you're riding home in the bus or the subway?
Is it advertised on TV? Is it in the grocery check-out line, on the
front or back of a magazine? Where would I see this 1-800 number?

> I believe that makes it as accessible as any book I know.

Well, now can you see that maybe it's not as accessible as you might
have originally thought, if you just spend a couple of minutes thinking
about other communities of people, different from yourself, who might
travel in different circles than the ones you travel in?

This is not meant in any way to be a criticism, just an attempt to
remind you that MOST people will most likely never hear of Awajoneous,
or ever come in contact with his book, and could never pay $300 for a
single 'consultation', and because of this would question his morals and
motives and intentions and integrity and therefore his trustworthiness
as a health 'expert', and would think his made-up planetary name was
kind of suspicious, anyway, and they'd want SOME kind of indication of
at least SOMETHING concrete and reasonable to substantiate his wild
claims about miracle cures.

Does that make sense a little? :)

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)