RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 15:45:26 -0600
Becky:
>I needs some assistance and I have to phrase it just right or my p*st will
be >reje*cted.  I have been trying to get the dig*st version of this.  Can
anyone h#lp me?

The instructions can be found in the welcome message that you received when
you joined the list.  To change to digest mode send an email - leaving the
subject line blank - to <[log in to unmask]> with the following
command in the first line of the body of the message: SET RAW-FOOD DIGEST

>Has anyone heard of George Malkmus?  He has a website called Hallelujah
>Acres and he advocates raw food and also fresh carrot juice.  It's
>interesting.  What do you think?

Malkmus has been discussed quite a bit.  In the February archives you will
find a couple of interesting posts about him.

Since I have your attention please let me remind you all that when
responding to trim as much as possible from the post to which you are
replying leaving only what is absolutely essential to convey meaning.  This
makes the list easier to read and will leave less work for me at my monthly
editing of the archives. Most of you have been doing a really good job :-)
and the few who have been having trouble editing their messages, I have
been putting on review. This has turned out to be quite a chore so except
for in extreme cases, I will stop doing this and will go back to notifying
people in private if there is a problem.  If somebody is on review it means
that when this person sends a post to the list, it is sent to me first for
approval. (of form - not content) If the message looks OK, I send it on to
Listserv which directs it on to the list.  If not, I return it to the
sender pointing out which changes need to be made.  This person then
re-sends the corrected version to the list which I once more get first and
if it looks OK, I send it off to Listserv.  Nobody can tell if a list
member is on review and if the habit of excessive quoting stops by itself,
sometimes not even the "reviewee".

There has been a problem in the archives when sorting according to date
with a few of the messages coming up blank.  However, when sorting by
author or topic these same blank messages show up normal. I expect the
problem to be solved soon.

The breakdown of nationalities on the list is as follows:  Germany = 10,
France = 2, Canada = 2, Belgium = 1, New Zealand = 1, Australia = 1, Brazil
= 1, Japan = 1.  The rest (90) are from the US though we might have a few
more non-Americans on board as country of origin is no longer always
evident from the email address.

The participation level of the list is quite high with about 43% of all
subscribers posting in February.

Best, Peter

PS. I give a warm welcome to our new subscribers.