RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 21:18:40 -0500
> BTW, watching the "Clinton Chronicles" (and other conspiracy videoes)
>and watching Waco on CNN do do not qualify as "personally observed
>facts". :-)

Bo7b:
>Clinton & Gore just left Tahoe & those locals who witnessed their show
>say he lied as per usual.

Well, if a couple of locals say so I am sure it must be true. :-)

<One friend of mine even traded palm juices with Slick Willy.

I used to call President Nixon "Tricky Dick" with almost the same ease
that you now call President Clinton "Slick Willy." The only difference
is I would only do it among my friends who felt the same way - except
for when the political corruption got to me so much I needed to vent my
outrage publically and maybe provoke establishment figures. I see a lot
of similarities between you and myself as a rebellious teenager which
is why I some time ago asked you what personal issues (by personal I
mean issues that have nothing to do with the state of the world) you
thought might be driving some of your political agendas. No need to
answer - my question is mainly rhetorical but since control and freedom
seem to be such issues for you and since you feel the need to rebel so
late in your life and assert & emphasize your political sentiments so
strongly as you do, I cannot help but speculate that you must have been
raised in an extremely restricted environment and that you are now
acting out a lot of the anger of how you were treated and projecting it
on to the political arena. Anyway, you can get off the couch now :-),
but please out of courtesy to those on the list who do not feel the
same way about the President (or whoever), do not use such derogatory
language.

>I've never even seen a picture of Burger, have only read a
>translation of his book & listened to first had reports from you &
>Zephyr & Bruno.  Not quite enough for me to convict the man.

You have a lot more than that but that is not really the point: that
you are applying different standards. G.C.Burger is the "good guy" - in
your own words "a genius" - which is why I think you are able to so
easily to dismiss the overwhelming evidence that is piling up against
him and rather than state the obvious you give me legalese - not guilty
until proven so. (just like many black people refused to admit that
they thought OJ was guilty)  Now with people who you consider the "bad
guys", they cannot take a piss without it being part of some evil
conspiracy and how do you know? - well a couple of locals saw President
Clinton conspiring to pollute Lake Tahoe by taken a leak in it. :-) You
never give the "bad guy" the benefit of the doubt - like needing to go
the bathroom (to stay within the metaphor) - and the "good guy" can do
no wrong - even his shit never smells :-) I find this black and white
view of the world disturbing which is why I do not like how you tend to
put people on pedestals - there is always the darker flip side of the
coin - and the risk of falling from grace and ending up on your hit
list. ;-)

>While I've seen neither the Clinton Chronicles nor the Waco videos, I
>have lived with the results of the acts of the Clintons, Reno, et al
>(mainly their successful War on Freedom)  &  I do get exposed to them
>live on TV with unfortunate regularity.

I can see how Clinton is making your life miserable. ;-) You are an
independent, white male professional living in one of the most
beautiful places on the planet, you own a beautiful house, have a
wonderful wife, have lots free time to go off and pursue your hobbies
(sailing, hiking, bicycling and skiing) and interests like ordering
instincto quality foods and you live in a country where you can express
just about any opinion you want - even talk about overthrowing the
government and to publicly indulge in insulting the heads of state -
without getting into trouble. How do you endure so much adversity and
oppression with such grace under fire? ;-)

Best, Peter