From:
Steve Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:03:01 -0500
I have a Princeton EO70 monitor that worked fine for 10 months, then in
the last two months it has failed to power up. Turning on the power
switch, the LED will flicker on and off about twice per second, with a
clicking sound, but the monitor will not power up at all. Sent the
monitor back to be repaired under warranty (twice). Both times, they
repaired or replaced "transistor Q411", and it worked, but only for a
short while. After the first repair it died in one hour, the second
repair lasted 5 days.
    The last time it failed I was able to see that it occurred when I
moved the mouse to "wake up" the monitor. The only power management I
use is the screen saver one in Win98Beta 1650. I might add that all this
started happening sometime after installing Win98 over Win95. My old 14"
monitor works fine with the same system, and I'm using it right now.
    My question is has anyone heard of this type of failure with a
monitor? Is it possible that Win98 is sending a "bad" wake up signal
that is frying the monitor start up circuit?, or do I just have a bad
monitor?
I'm beginning to wish I could collect all the frequent flyer miles this
monitor travels.
Thanks for any ideas.
System: Tyan Tomcat III, AMD K6-200, 64mb EDO, Diamond Stealth Video
2001 (using Diamond GT Drivers 4.02.268 and InControl Tools)
Steve Dias