From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:25:27 EDT

<< Aaron, what do you eat in the winter when you want to warm up? >>

Last year I went south! ;)

I have read that cold tolerance goes up once you are on a raw food diet for
some period of time as blood flow becomes more efficient, and one becomes more
comfortable in their body.   Often I am not so sensitive to the cold, but then
sometimes I am, I think it depends on my level of fat and blood flow and
ability to handle the present moment.

e.g.  the cold wind blew and she turned away in resistance, making it all the
harder to push on

e.g.  the cold wind blew and she faced it head on, accepting the sensation on
her skin, and moving forward.  her body responded with vigor and she felt
renewed in strength, and warmer in body and spirit.

ok, ok...

but seriously, if we resist life we contract, constrict, and get colder,
phsyiologically we lose blood flow, in my experience

if we accept and role with life, the opposite occurs.  so some of the cold is
simply learning to handle the sensation and allow our body to do it's thing,
whatever it knows how to do, and then eat in such a way that we are insulated.

i'll let you know as it gets colder how i do ;)

I imagine eating more fish and eggs and fatty foods would help in the winter.
Last winter when I was really cold, my mate and I were staying in Georgia with
her Grandma helping her pack up and sell her house, and we had no heat, I
would drink warm well water from the tap.  That helped, but I was eating
mainly sweet fruits, greens, and nuts, then, and weighed 107 lbs.  I'm between
117 and 120 now, so I'll have to see how the cold effects me this year.  I can
already tell with this morning that I'll need more fat insulation, so maybe I
can get some buffalo fat?

Aaron