From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:34:14 -1000
Robert:
>        Here's hoping for a happy ending.

<raising my coconut in salute>

>        * Posts should refrain from attacking the central tenets of a
>paleo diet, as described in Neanderthin.  Posts questioning issues
>peripheral to Neanderthin -- I place Todd's posts in this category --
>should be welcome.

Yeah. The trouble is that others see Todd's posts as attacking the central
tenets. It is all so subjective. Personally I think questioning central
tenets is VERY useful but it does lead to some disorder at times. A tough
situation.

>        * Whether or not a post meets the list guidelines should be the
>exclusive province of the listowner.  Complaints should be made
>privately to the listowner, (with a copy to the original poster?)
>leaving it to the listowner to chastise the original poster, or not.

As long as everyone plays by the same rules. Sometimes it seems like the
Audettes will have the priviledge of "anything they type is golden" and
Todd gets steamrollered. :(

>        Whether we like it our not, there's a certain element of "faith"
>or "dogma" attached to any diet (or way of life) such as Neanderthin, or
>Veganism, or any dietary "philosophical" system.

I don't like it. And I feel that it is unneeded baggage--something folks
might outgrow. Certainly I aspire to. Todd was an inspiration in this
regard.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft