From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:16:45 -0700
There is only one law in NeanderThin (on page 1).
Anyone who obeys this law is eating "paleo" (and without original sin).
NeanderThin does not have all the answers.  A major part of its' purpose
as a book is to produce questions.

Hominids are the most far ranging species of Primate and as such have the
ability to adjust to a wide range of available foods.  Within any given
territory, seasonal variation and natural cycles of game and plant
populations from year to year also add randomness to a natural diet. This
is also built into our genitic makeup.  Our genetic makeup as a species
is larger than any individual's DNA.  Thus any hard and fast rules for
human nutrition must be as broad as possible to allow for individual
expressions of the human genome.  This expression is individual more than
racial as even within closely related individuals large differences may
be found. The variations of response to "NeanderThin" have been an
education to me and my purpose in being on this list is to learn more to
incorporate into future editions.

Both Mike and I have endured years of arguing with vegetarians.  Vegans
tend to be confrontational and often provoke us. I have actually been
ejected from bookstores and had vegetarians complain to management after
booksignings at the WholeFoods.  Mike has also had problems as he has a
street business very close to The University in Austin, Texas (he
handcrafts great jewelry).  He sometimes can't avoid these people and so
has little tolerence for them.  I still get my self in trouble from time
to time (when the Krishnas threaten to beat you up, it's time to shutup
and walk away).  I don't mean to offend anyone but aparently some feel
"flamed" after talking to me.

A while back several scientists found that thin lab mice lived longer
than heavier ones.  The only way you can produce thin mice (using Purina
Lab Mouse Chow) is to reduce calories.  Wild mice ( thiner than lab mice)
were not studied because no wild mouse ever makes it to old age due to
predation.  A wild mouse diet is also difficult to reproduce under lab
conditions.  As a thin guy (7% bodyfat), I have high hopes of reaching my
lifespan goal of 1,000,000 hours.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander