From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:21:18 ADT
> How do we get over this aversion to the gamey smell, and/or how can you mask
> it with spices? Has anyone had any luck with game?

At this stage of my life, I don't mind a bit of gamey smell, though I
must admit that most of the wild game I eat in Alaska doesn't really
seem to have much gaminess to it.  Not like some of the game I ate
in California anyway.  But I digress....  When I was little and the
"menfolk" went hunting, the women always soaked the meat overnight in
saltwater before cooking.  They said it helped take the gamey smell
out of it, though 30 years later, I can't remember if it did or not.
Just something to try.

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska  (spring has sprung, and my allergies are in bloom)