From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 15:37:02 -0600
Hi folks --

The talk about almond flour is real interesting to me, because I'm
"semi-paleo," and my favorite Forbidden Fruits are baked things like bread
and cookies.  I've got to try this almoond flour.  It is kind of pricey, so
I'm wondering:  how much do almonds cost in bulk?  and how
difficult/expensive would it be to grind it at home?  Anyone have any
experience with this?  All you reformed grain-eaters out there, here's a
chance to dust off that old wheat grinder.

Years ago, I had a cookie made from acorn flour.  There may be other
(cheaper than almonds) kinds of nuts that can be used.  Biologically, a nut
is a seed, so it makes sense that they would work like grains in cooking.

Thanks for the info!