Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 06:23:07 -0800
One of my friends is absolutely exhausted all the time , she eats a diet
ranging from Ultra Slim Fast, to just an SAD heavy on the carbs. Her kids
(she has seven children)  seem to live on generic fruit loops and milk.

I tried to explain to her that the paleo diet would be better for her and
for the whole family if possible.

First she argued the paleo was too much work, expense (yah, compared to
fruit loops and milk, I DO work my tail off with paleo, but recovering my
child from autism is worth it for me!)

Her next argument was that "the Bible" says that grains are very healthy for
us. Here, I did not have an answer. WHY does it say that grains are healthy,
if it does??

Finally, she was shocked (jealous?) of my weight loss and thought I was
becoming anorexic. I'm about 130 and 5'7", have never looked like this
before (on carbs)  except with extreme starvation. Only with paleo am I
never hungry and yet thin!

She told me I need to eat more, I told her I'm eating as much as I can!

Anyway, would appreciate others' input regarding  her arguments against paleo.