RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:18:54 -0500
forest,
> for me this involves attempting to avoid
> > > ejaculation and orgasm.

Liza,
> > ?????!! WHA'???
> > ???!! EXSQUEEEEEEZE me, but WHY would I wanna do THAT?

forest,
> if you are content with your positition in life and health

I guess I am. :)

> and have no
> interest in spiritual pursuits,

By spiritual pursuits I guess you are referring to certain sects of Tibetan
Buddhism.

> perhaps
> you could inform us of your diet preferences

Mackerel, horseradish, cilantro, goat's yogurt, almonds, bone marrow
mmmmmm, coconut paste, most anything that walks, cherimoyas. Hmmm, what
else. Food, basically.

> and tell us all about how you
> have achieved such great health

Luck? As many close relationships as possible? Having a wild spirit? Having
LOTS of fun?

> that you can attempt to ridicule others who
> share their limited experiences.

My apologies. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

> brush it off and make jokes or call it satanic?

You must not have seen Dana Carvey do "Church Lady." She's a character who
calls EVERYTHING Satan. She's hilariously uptight and prudish and
moralistic.

My point, which I evidently didn't make very well, was that the obsession
one often sees in the "alternative diets" crowd (especially vegetarians and
most especially vegans), with such things as cleanliness and detoxing and
purging oneself (of "germs" or "toxins" or "mucous" or "parasites" or "the
devil" or whatever and -- maybe most importantly  -- the avoidance of sex
--  that this type of mentality reminds me of the Church Lady. Maybe it's
just the updated 90's New-Age
version of an old shoe.

Hmmmm, actually - a REALLY old shoe, now that I'm considering farther and
farther back in history, across many cultures, where avoidance of
"hedonism" or "evil" or "dirt" or of course sex  --  all those "beastly"
aspects of our nature which remind us that we're animals  --  where
avoidance of these things takes on a kind of religious fervor.

> refering to tantric diciplines: there's this old saying we probably all heard,
> "don't knock it till you try it."

Well, that's not ALWAYS a good rule 'o thumb. There are,  um,  a coupla'
things I ain't a-gonna try, and I AM a-gonna knock 'em. (I'm sure you too
can think of a few that fall into this category.)

Liza,
> > By the way, I've discovered that we have a wide range of ages on this list,
> > and that age seems to be of critical importance on the matters that keep
> > coming up here. So, if you don't find it too personal a question, are you a
> > Gen X-er? in your 20's? 30's? Baby Boomer? Elder? Evidently this matters a
> > lot when it comes to eating and sex.

forest,
> i am 49 years young/old, how young/old are you?

NEVER ask a woman her age!!  :)

Love Liza

> it's interesting after your long message laughing and ridiculing me that you
> end your post with love lisa.

It's Li_Z_a. "Liza with a Z" as Liza Minelli sang. Or, as in, "There's a
hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza."

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)