RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:54:45 -0500
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> Tom tried and failed to be a fruitarian--EVEN WITH HIGH QUALITY FRUIT. Get it?
>
> You seem to be saying his descriptions/experience doesn't count until it
> has a brix level to support it! Now that, truly, is obsessing on brix. You
> know, Rex, IME brix does correlate well to good taste, so why isn't Tom's
> description of great taste enough for you?

Sorry, Kirt---my experience was showing through.  I've been handed "wonderful"
fruit so many times that proved to be junk that I just assumed he may be mistaken.
I've sometimes had people hand me 'prizes' from their backyard and exclaim "Isn't
that GREAT" even as I was spitting it out.  Tom previously devoted a lot of energy
trying to get me to accept that fruit is supposed to be stringy or tough or
something like that and I guess I misunderstood.  I think the archives will bear
that out.  Oh, before I move on, do you have any actual knowledge of the fruit
quality or are you just repeating something?

>Ah, yes, it was the poison chemicals that musta done it. :/

If you're the official spokesman, why not back off on some of the sarcasm?  I was
not trying to blow smoke with the comment about backyard fruit getting horrendous
doses of pesticides that carry over from one owner to the next.  Another problem is
that many heavy metals end up in back yards after the construction is over.  A
third problem is that people sometime live in homes built over toxic waste sites.
For instance, I assume you've heard of Love Canal, which is not the only community
to be built on land seeping with toxicity.  Homeowner planted trees suck the stuff
right out of the ground.  Tom may have been poisoned with every bite.

Seriously, what are you trying to say?  Yes, I understand he had trouble with
fruit-whatever.  I was hoping to help analyze what might have gone wrong.  Am I
stirring your ire by daring to think that his trouble seems slim reason, for he,
you, or anyone to adamantly insist that no one else in the world can thrive on a
particular diet?

> Much better to shmooze with Forum folks, no?

Were you gritting your teeth here?  I was privately warned by someone on this list
that they were a bunch of hate-mongering loonies.  I found that not to be the case
and so reported.  They seem to be seekers.  Certainly, I've never seen any
excitement like you work up.

All in all, though, when reading back over my message I think I was mostly asking
Tom some questions about the oft-repeated plagiarism claim and then adding in some
chitchat to respond to his "wacko," "fanatical," "crank," and other charges of that
nature.  As spokesman, can you answer any of my questions or is your dander too up
because of the Moony (not Moonie) quip?

Oh, what the heck---Cheers
Rex